|Also known as||
Tokyo Sky Tree
|Formerly known as||New Tokyo Tower|
Oshiage 1-chome, Sumida-ku
|Designed by||Nikken Sekkei|
- First observatory height: 1,148 feet
- Second observatory height: 1,476 feet
- Developer: Tobu Railway
- This building was designed to be extra earthquake-resistant because it serves as a vital communications relay during disasters.
- June 10, 2008: The name of this building is changed from New Tokyo Tower to Tokyo Sky Tree.
- July 14, 2008: Construction began.
- April 6, 2009: The foundation was completed.
- October 16, 2009: The planned height of this tower was increased to 634 meters.
- November 10, 2009: Construction reached 650 feet.
- February 29, 2012: Construction finished
- May 22, 2012: This building opened to the public